Veteran's Day Holiday Schedule
Public Works/Sanitation/Street Department Office Will Be Closed
No City Services - Monday, November 10, 2014
No City Services - Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Tuesday and Wednesday will be picked up on Wed., Nov. 12, 2014
Thursday and Friday - No Change
Monday and Wednesday will be picked up on Wed., Nov. 12, 2014
Tuesday and Thursday will be picked up on Thurs., Nov. 13, 2014
Friday - No Change
Bulk Item Schedule:
No pick up scheduled the week of Mon., Nov. 10, 2014
Yard Debris Schedule:
Will resume where left off
How do I sign up for Garbage/Recycle pickup:
1) Sign up for Sanitation billing with Riviera Utilities
413 E. Laurel Ave., Foley, AL 36535
2) Riviera Utilities will provide a Work Order, which is the Proof of Billing that the City of Foley Sanitation/Public Works Dept. requires before any City of Foley Sanitation service can be provided.
3) The City of Foley Sanitation/Public Works Dept. can be notified of your Proof of Billing in one of three ways:
4) If the Work Order is emailed of faxed, contact the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. at (251) 943-8897 to confirm that it has been received.
- Bring it into the Public Works building located at 120 E. Orchid Ave., Foley, AL 36535
- Email it to the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax it to the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. at (251) 970-2086
5) All Garbage/Recycling must be curbside before 6:00 A.M. on day of pick up.
Garbage Pickup: Curbside Recycling Pickup:
Single Day Garbage Route Map Recycling Pickup Route Map
Garbage and Recycling must be curbside before 6:00 A.M. on day of pick up.
2014-15 Holiday Sanitation Schedule
New Recycling Cans Are Here
The new 64-gallon recycling cans are now available and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. Call 943-8897 to request a new recycling can.
Yard Debris Pickup (Limbs/Leaves/Grass Clippings) should be placed 3 feet from the garbage can. The limbs should be no longer than six (6) feet in length and no bigger than six (6) inches in diameter. The Sanitation Department will pick up six (6) cubic yards of yard debris per week. Removal of piles larger than six (6) cubic yards per week will result in a charge of $30.00 per four (4) cubic yard increments over the initial six (6) yards. Yard Debris does not include stumps.
Bulk Item Pickup Schedule is every Monay, unless there is a holiday, at which point there will be a holiday schedule released. Bulk items include appliances, furniture, things too large for the 96 gallon trash can, etc. We ask that all residents place their items curbside over the weekend or first thing Monday morning. Please, do not place bulk items with garbage, recycling, limb, leaf, and/or yard debris. Once the items are actually curbside, residents should call the Sanitation Dept. at 251-943-8897, either over the weekend or Monday morning before 9 a.m. to be added to the Monday Bulk Item Pickup list. Information we will need is: name of resident, address, phone number and what is curbside.
The City of Foley does not have a land fill. The closest land fill is located in Magnolia Springs 251-972-6878
The Sanitation Department picks up dead animals within the City limits of Foley. For pickup call 251-943-8897