How do I sign up for Garbage/Recycle pickup:
1) Sign up for Sanitation billing with Riviera Utilities
413 E. Laurel Ave., Foley, AL 36535
2) Riviera Utilities will provide a Work Order, which is the Proof of Billing that the City of Foley Sanitation/Public Works Dept. requires before any City of Foley Sanitation service can be provided.
3) The City of Foley Sanitation/Public Works Dept. can be notified of your Proof of Billing in one of three ways:
- Bring it into the Public Works building located at 120 E. Orchid Ave., Foley, AL 36535
- Email it to the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. as an attachment to email@example.com
- Fax it to the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. at (251) 970-2086
4) If the Work Order is emailed of faxed, contact the Sanitation/Public Works Dept. at (251) 943-8897 to confirm that it has been received.
5) All Garbage/Recycling must be curbside before 6:00 A.M. on day of pick up.
The Public Works Department provides maintenance of right of ways, mowing, maintenance of streets and ditches, replaces and repairs stop / street signs, repairs potholes and washouts, installs culverts and drainage pipes, and tree trimming (limbs must not be anywhere near power lines).
Single Day Garbage Route Map
Garbage must be curbside before 6:00 A.M. on day of pickup
Garbage Pickup: Curbside Recycling Pickup:
Single Day Garbage Route Map Recycling Pickup Route Map
Garbage and Recycling must be curbside before 6:00 A.M. on day of pick up.
Labor Day, Monday, 09/05/16
The Public Works Office will be closed on Monday, 09/05/16.
The Sanitation Holiday Schedule is:
Garbage Schedule – No change in schedule.
Recycling – Monday and Tuesday’s routes will be picked up on Tuesday, 09/06/16.
Bulk Item – Will be picked up on Tuesday, 09/06/16.
Yard Debris – We will pick up where we left off before the Holiday.
Please, have all garbage/recycling curbside before 6:00 A.M.
Have a happy, safe Labor Day!
New Recycling Cans Are Here
The new 64-gallon recycling cans are now available and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. Call 943-8897 to request a new recycling can.
Yard Debris Pickup (Limbs/Leaves/Grass Clippings) should be placed 3 feet from the garbage can. The limbs should be no longer than six (6) feet in length and no bigger than six (6) inches in diameter. The Sanitation Department will pick up six (6) cubic yards of yard debris per week. Removal of piles larger than six (6) cubic yards per week will result in a charge of $30.00 per four (4) cubic yard increments over the initial six (6) yards. Yard Debris does not include stumps.
Bulk Item Pickup Schedule is every Monay, unless there is a holiday, at which point there will be a holiday schedule released. Bulk items include appliances, furniture, things too large for the 96 gallon trash can, etc. We ask that all residents place their items curbside over the weekend or first thing Monday morning. Please, do not place bulk items with garbage, recycling, limb, leaf, and/or yard debris. Once the items are actually curbside, residents should call the Sanitation Dept. at 251-943-8897, either over the weekend or Monday morning before 9 a.m. to be added to the Monday Bulk Item Pickup list. Information we will need is: name of resident, address, phone number and what is curbside.
The City of Foley does not have a land fill. The closest land fill is located in Magnolia Springs 251-972-6878
The Sanitation Department picks up dead animals within the City limits of Foley. For pickup call 251-943-8897